Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've always admired, and sometimes even envy, people with goal and direction. They know what they want to do, and what they want to be in life. They work hard to pursue their dreams, with all their determination.

But that is not to say that if I do not know what I want to be in the future then I am no good, or hopeless. True, there are times when I struggled to make out of what I want in life, and come out more confused than ever. I don't know what I should be, what I should do, especially with the impending graduation. I'm not as directed as those who already know how their paths should extend hereforth, but I'm opened to challenges, and in a way, I'm happy.

I do not make use of the search engine to narrow down the scope on job portals, because I don't want to narrow my choices, and I am exhilarated just exploring. Just as I don't condemn people who are so driven as being narrow-minded, I, too, do not appreciate being labelled just because we have different mindsets.

Perhaps you have seen me, many a times, defeated by myself, and just like a parent who does not want to see his child fail, you offer heartfelt criticism to wake me up. But sometimes, these words, they end up being pelted against the closed window, creating cracks, and never coming through, because you thought, but no, it isn't.

I know, it is but inevitable, but such stereotypic curses... I could only prompt you to look in the mirror, if you even believe.

No comments: